The RAM 1500 was the first-ever car that Dodge introduced into the pick-up truck segment. Today, the RAM 1500 in Emmaus, PA, has grown to become of Dodge's premium players in its entire collection. The revamped RAM 1500 is now equipped with an infotainment system that allows for connectivity to Apple CarPlay.
With Apple CarPlay, you can now control all the media and entertainment features of your car with just one click. Let's run through detailed instructions below.
How to connect Apple CarPlay to the Ram 1500's Infotainment System:
1. Ensure that you have turned on Siri on your iPhone.
2. Then, start up your Ram 1500.
3. There are two ways you can connect your phone to the Ram 1500's media system:
Option 1: Through a USB cable: Connect your phone to the Infotainment system of the Ram 1500 with a USB Cable. Your Ram 1500's infotainment display should ideally read your phone to display the CarPlay homepage. In case this does not happen, please select the CarPlay logo on the home screen.
Option 2: Through Bluetooth Pairing: To turn on Bluetooth in your RAM 1500, press and hold the voice control button on your steering wheel. Then, turn on the Bluetooth of your iPhone. Allow it to pair with CarPlay to complete this step.
4. To perform tasks through Apple CarPlay, the best method is to use Siri to get all the work done. After the connection, press and hold the voice control button on your steering wheel until you hear a beep. Then, ask to speak to Siri, who will immediately respond if a proper connection has been established.
5. Now, accomplish all your important tasks while driving with the help of Siri. She can send and receive text messages, make and receive calls, play music, and more while you concentrate on driving.
Why is Apple CarPlay not working on my RAM1500?
Sometimes, a strong link may take a while due to some pertaining issues. Such issues can easily be solved with a few small steps. Try to use Apple CarPlay once after going through each of them:
1. Ensure you have Siri turned on in your iPhone
2. Ensure you are using a functional USB cable
3. Make sure that you have updated your iPhone to the latest available IOS
4. Restart both your iPhone and the Ram 1500 once
For further assistance, please visit us in Emmaus, PA at Kelly Chrysler Dodge Jeep